Kindergarten registration for the upcoming 2021-22 school year will be held on Friday, April 23 & Friday, April 30, 2021, at the Indiana Junior High School for both Ben Franklin and East Pike Elementary Schools. The appointments, which last approximately 30 minutes, will be scheduled between 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM on each of the registration days. We are requesting that only one parent/guardian attend with their child. Both the parent/guardian and child will be required to wear an appropriate face-covering/mask.
Eligible children must be 5 years of age on or before August 31, 2021
Families are asked to complete the online registration form. In the last section of the form, you will schedule your screening appointment between the hours of 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM on Friday, April 23, or Friday, April 30, 2021. During this appointment, you will meet with the School Secretary and School Nurse. Your child will rotate for brief screeners with a Teacher and a Speech Therapist for approximately 20 minutes. The screener will focus on Motor, Conceptual, and Language Skills.
Please bring the following documents with you to your child's screening appointment.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Physical and Dental Forms
- Photo ID
- Proof of Residency (tax bill, rent receipt, or utility bill)
- Court Orders (any parent registering a child who requests specific restrictions involving custody or guardian issues must present an official court order).
We look forward to working with you and your child. Anyone with questions regarding the registration process may contact:
- East Pike Elementary - Mrs. Lychalk at 724-463-8567 ext. 3139 or email email@example.com
- Ben Franklin Elementary - Mrs. Brilhart at 724-465-5637 ext. 4142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please know how excited we are that your child will be part of the Indiana Area School District!